WORKING AT HEIGHTS ON-SITE TRAINING
Our comprehensive program gives you the knowledge to protect yourself when working at heights.
What Will I Learn In This Course?
Exposure to falls is a daily occurrence in the construction industry and unfortunately is one of the leading causes of fatalities. Some common hazards that contribute to falls from heights include:
- Unsafe use of ladders
- Lack of guardrails
- Poorly maintained equipment such as ropes and harnesses
OSG's CPO-approved training is designed to provide workers with the safety they need to prevent accidents in the workplace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize working at heights hazards
- Explain the hierarchy of controls
- Discuss safe work plans
- Identify and assess when ladders are appropriate
- Explain proper inspection, care, and use of ladders
- Describe types of warning methods and physical barriers
- Identify when warning methods and physical barriers are required
- Discuss limitations, application, and storage of different fall protection systems
- Calculate fall distances
- Demonstrate how to inspect equipment, don and doff a harness, and maintain 100% tie-off
- Discuss the differences between permanent, temporary, and structural anchors
- Select the appropriate fall protection equipment when working on a platform
- Explain the purpose, roles, and responsibilities of workplace parties with respect to a rescue plan
This program is broken down into 2 different: basic theory & practical equipment. This basic theory module discusses working at heights hazards, controls, the basics of fall protection, & ladder safety.
The practical equipment module focuses on the application and use of the different fall protection systems, their components, and their limitations. Learners must demonstrate how to inspect the equipment, don and doff the harness, and maintain 100% tie-off. These are performance outcomes and must be achieved successfully.
Why Train with OSG?
- Largest private health and safety training provider in Ontario
- Ontario Chief Prevention Officer Approved provider of JHSC Part I and II training
- 20 classroom locations across Ontario
- Interactive instruction and discussion from trainers with over 150 years of combined experience