Choose a delivery method
The Federal Health and Safety Committee Training teaches participants in federally regulated workplaces how to develop, implement, and monitor workplace health and safety programs.
Health and Safety Committees provide workers with greater protection against work-related injuries, illness and death by identifying and bringing health and safety concerns to their employer’s attention. This course will assist participants and their employer to work together to ensure every possible precaution is taken to protect workers.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of the health and safety committee
- Identify the importance of the Internal Responsibility System
- Discuss the Occupational Health and Safety Act and due diligence
- Identify the role of the health & safety committee
- Explain the process for recognizing, assessing, and controlling hazards
- Prepare for a workplace inspection
- Discuss the requirements for accident investigation
Health and safety committee members
Canada Labour Code, Part II (R.S.C. 1985, c. L-Z) Section 125 (z.01)