Choose a delivery method
The objective of this course is to provide participants with knowledge and understanding of Musculoskeletal Disorder (MSD) concerns and ergonomic risk factors. Participants will be empowered to take an active role in identifying non- neutral postures through use of a checklist and audit based review. This includes use of our “Workplace Athletic Rules” to permit retention and knowledge of basic ergonomic principles. Following identification of risks, use of “go-to” solutions will be reviewed to permit high level ergonomic/MSD risk containment.
This program has been designed to include applied case studies to ensure that all participants not only understand the principles covered, but are also competent using and applying them.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to;
- Understand ergonomic principles and basic risk factors
- Use and apply the “Workplace Athletic Rules” to identify postural concerns
- Use the Ergo Eye Audit worksheet to identify potential areas of ergonomic concern
- Brainstorm possible risk mitigation/elimination of areas of concern
- Apply principles and concepts to applied scenarios immediately to complete high level risk identification
JHSC Members, H&S Specialists, HR Professionals, Ergo Task Force team members
MSD Prevention Guideline for Ontario