Certificate Valid for 3 Years
Construction Project Workers
Renew your Working at Heights Certification with this 4-hour, in-person course.
This course is designed to reinforce the skills and knowledge necessary to work safely at heights and ensure that participants are able to demonstrate their continued knowledge of the correct use of fall protection equipment.
What you will learn
This Refresher course will reinforce the knowledge and skills needed to work safely at heights. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential dangers associated with working at heights
- Understand and using the hierarchy of controls
- Identify how and when ladders are appropriate to use and how to inspect and maintain them
Identify when warning methods and physical barriers are required
- Describe the limitations, application, and storage of different fall protection systems
- Calculate fall distances
- Demonstrate how to inspect the equipment, don and doff a harness, and maintain 100% tie-off
- Select the appropriate fall protection equipment when working on a platform
- Understand the responsibilities of workplace parties with respect to a rescue plan
Who should take this course?
If you or any of your staff work on a construction project and use fall protection equipment, Working at Heights Certification is required as stated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act - Ontario Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects.
This course is for those who have already completed Working at Heights training and hold a certificate that is expiring soon.