WSIB Excellence Program with OSG
Improve your organization’s Health & Safety Management System by participating in WSIB’s Excellence Program.
We give you the tools and resources to focus on the safety topics that are most important to your organization. Implementing these safety changes will improve your safety culture, decrease accidents, and earn you rebates directly from WSIB.
You can earn up to 10% of your annual insurance premium back, for a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $250,000 in annual rebates!
Create a strong culture of safety within your organization and decrease workplace injuries.
OSG will guide you through your health & safety journey, whether you are just getting started, or improving your existing program.
How does it work?
- Register for the program through OSG
- Complete an assessment to help determine where you should start in your health & safety journey
- Develop an action plan to work on the health & safety topics of your choice
- With the help of OSG, learn and implement the safety topics you’ve chosen
- Submit evidence of your completion for review by a WSIB validator
- Receive a rebate on your WSIB premiums
Resources and guidance to help you succeed
Become a member of the Excellence Program with OSG, and partner with Health & Safety experts in order to improve your workplace health and safety.
As your advisors, OSG will help build out your organization’s skill set and provide you with the necessary tools so that you are confident when implementing the Excellence Program Topics into your workplace.
Program features include:
- The ability to choose to work on 1 to 5 health and safety topics in a 12-month period
- Topic-specific guides, tips and best practices to ensure success during implementation
- Topic-specific webinars hosted by subject matter experts, as well as networking opportunities with other Program Members
- Review and discussion of your specific annual Action Plan prior to approval
- Individual check-in with your Excellence Program Advisor halfway through your journey, allowing you the opportunity to discuss and get advice on the specifics of your organization's development efforts
- Consultation with your Excellence Program Advisor prior to your submission to WSIB to fully review your Evidence Package
- Answers to your program questions, Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm
Rebates & Rewards
The Excellence Program provides organizations with an opportunity to improve their workplace health and safety while earning financial rebates on WSIB premiums and non-financial recognition for your resource investment.
Upon successful validation of your topics, your rebate is calculated based on your annual WSIB premiums as of December 31st of the year prior to the date rebate is calculated, your organizational predictability factor, as well as the total number of action plan topics that have been successfully completed.
How your rebate is calculated:
WSIB has created a rebate calculator for you to estimate your potential rebate.
Note: Depending on your predictability percentage, your organization can receive either 1.4% or 2% per topic of your reported annual premiums. If your predictability is greater than 20%, you will receive 1.4%. Alternatively, if it is equal or less than 20%, you will receive 2.0% per completed topic. (You can find your predictability percentage on your annual WSIB statement)
WSIB has set the minimum rebate to be $1,000 per completed topic. (You can complete a maximum of 5 topics per year.) However, an organization can receive a maximum total rebate of up to 75% of its total reported annual WSIB premiums.
There is a rebate maximum of $50,000 per action plan topic that has been successfully validated.
Organizations must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Schedule 1 employer
- Action plan successfully validated
- In compliance with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (WSIA) - an employer who is charged under WSIA must wait two years from the date of the charge period to the date of the compliance check before they are eligible for a rebate. However, they are still able to participate in the program but would only be eligible for the non-financial rewards.
- A business will be disqualified from earning a rebate should they experience a traumatic fatality from the date of their action plan approval to the date of the rebate being issued.
Non-financial rewards and recognition are also earned for successfully completing health and safety topics under the Excellence Program. Digital badges can be earned and serve as recognition of achievement.
Organizations are eligible for recognition once their action plan is closed and the final validation results have been successfully received.