Improperly secured loads can contribute to fatalities, collisions, and loss of freight.
COURSE DURATION: 30 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: Take the course with membership for as low as $4 per user per month. View all pricing plans.
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Available for members only.
Cargo Securement Training provides basic information on proper cargo securement as well as an overview of parts 1, 2, and 3 of the North American Cargo Securement Standard.
Who Needs Building an Engaged Work Team Learning?
Motor carriers, shippers, and commercial drivers.
Overview of Cargo Securement
- Problems with improperly secured cargo
- Benefits of proper securement
- Guiding principle of public safety
- North American Cargo Securement Standard
Physics of Cargo Securement
- Basic laws of physics
- Forces in four directions
- Motion from normal driving
- Performance criteria of the Standard
General Cargo Securement Requirements
- Application of general cargo securement rules
- General requirement for cargo securement
- Appropriate systems
- Elements of securement system
- Securing devices
- Working load limit (WLL)
Packing, Placement, Restraint, and Inspections
- Cargo inspections
Specific Securement Requirements
- Dressed lumber
- Metal coils
- Paper rolls
- Concrete pipes
- Paper rolls
- Vehicles as cargo
- Roll-on/roll-off and hook lift containers