Almost all workplaces use electricity, yet you may not be aware of the potential electrical hazards in their workplaces. Understanding how to identify electrical hazards and how to work safely around electricity can prevent injury and death.
COURSE DURATION: 45 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: $35.00Buy Now
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Electrical Safety will provide you with the knowledge to successfully work safely in workplaces that require you to work in environments that use electricity.
Who Needs Electrical Safety Training?
Electrical Safety is geared towards Workers who do not work with electricity directly and supervisors of workers who do not work with electricity directly.
- How electricity works
- Clues to electrical hazards
- Four main types
- Damaged tools, equipment
- Overloaded circuits
- Bad wiring, repairs, connections
- Contact with power lines
- Unsafe work practices
- Wet conditions
Safe Work Practices
- Proper grounding
- Circuit protective devices (GFCI)
- Work on electrical equipment only is qualified
- Use portable equipment safely
- Stay away from electrical work areas
- Know emergency response and first aid for electrical shock
- Only qualified people work on electrical equipment
- Report hazards or concerns
- Follow electrical safety program