This 8-hour program will provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to a medical emergency in the workplace. A prompt response can save lives, reduce the severity of the injury and speed up the recovery process. This reduces the amount of lost time due to workplace injuries, and lowers the resulting costs.
Trained employees have also been shown to be more safety-conscious in general, therefore reducing the number of incidents. This program meets the criteria outlined in Regulation 1101 for a valid “St. Johns Emergency First Aid Certificate or its equivalent.”
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Carry out emergency scene management
- Perform Artificial Respiration and Cardiovascular Emergencies (CPR)
- Identify how to control severe bleeding
- Identify how to alleviate choking
- Recognize factors leading to shock, unconsciousness, and fainting
- Identify how to deal with burns
Participant’s Manual, test, a record of attendance, and wallet card.
Any workplace requiring first aid training.
Reg. 1101 s. 8,9,10,11