Become a Certified Fork Lift / Lift Truck Trainer!
Learn how to train your workers to safely operate a lift truck.
When you become the trainer, you can train workers whenever needed. Invest in training for one qualified operator who can then train your entire staff! Organizations that train a high volume of workers, experience high turnover, or want to increase internal expertise will benefit from having a certified trainer in-house.
Operator competency is key to safe lift truck use. Having a competent workplace instructor deliver training programs will ensure that your operators are being trained correctly and getting the most out of their training.
Our course, taught by experts in the industry, teaches participants how to confidently convey the importance of identifying hazards, pre-use inspections and safe operating principles. Our Safe Operation of a Lift Truck program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain operator competency
- Discuss workplace hazards
- Explain stability principles
- Explain how to conduct pre-operational checks
- Explain safe operating principles
- Explain fuel source hazards
All of our Train-the-Trainer courses equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Designed for experienced forklift/lift truck operators and supervisors who want to train their workers on the safe operation and use of lift trucks.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to take this course.
- Completed Tools and Techniques for Adult Learning
- Understand Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- You are a competent operator of a Forklift demonstrated by having at least 100 hours of experience operating the equipment and/or having received a certificate of competency by a training provider
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects 96. (1)