Become an Aerial Work Platforms Trainer!
Learn how to train your workers to safely operate an aerial work platform.
When you become the trainer, you can train staff whenever needed. If your organization would like to save money by handling aerial work platform training internally, invest in training for one qualified operator who can then train your entire staff! Organizations who train a high volume of workers, experience high turnover, or want to increase internal expertise will benefit from having a certified trainer in-house.
This one-day course will teach experienced operators the exact methods to train workers on how to safely operate an aerial work platform. Participants will experience a combination of theory and interactive, instructor-led role-playing exercises to give them the knowledge and skills to train others.
In addition to expert-led training, you will receive:
- 1 Leader’s Guide – a resource to help guide you in leading training
- 10 Participant Manuals – to distribute to your first 10 learners
- CD containing read-only PowerPoint presentation files, sample certificates
- 1-course materials order form to order additional materials as needed
- 1 equipment evaluation by an OSG trainer at your workplace*
- 1 wall certificate and 1 wallet card after you have successfully completed the in-class theory and on-site evaluation
This course does not certify you to operate an aerial work platform. It is designed to teach experienced operators on how to train others to operate the equipment and evaluate its use.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain to participants equipment and operator environment hazards
- Provide participants with applicable legislation
- Demonstrate to participants operating devices and controls
- Explain to participants how to perform pre-operational inspections
- Explain to participants safe operating practices
- Verify that participants understand fuel source hazards
- Verify that participants know how to apply fall protection techniques
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Designed for experienced aerial work platform operators, supervisors, and managers seeking to train their workers on the safe operation and use of aerial work platforms.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to take the Safe Operation of Aerial Work Platforms Train-the-Trainer course.
- Completed Train the Trainer Mandatory Day
- Demonstrated competence by currently being certified to operate an aerial work platform or having held a certification in the past
- Working at Heights Training certificate (must be issued through a CPO-approved training provider for those wishing to train in the construction industry)
- Understand Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one visit from OSG to a location within the (519), (226), (416), (647), (905) area codes to perform the evaluation. Hands-on practical evaluations must be completed within 90 days.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance.
- The participant has a minimum of 1-day practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating.
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up-to-date.