This course is currently unavailable.
Electric pallet trucks are used extensively to assist with completing material handling needs safely and efficiently. Our course is designed to provide pallet truck operators with the knowledge required to competently and safely operate the equipment.
In order to receive your certification, you need to complete the in-class course and a practical equipment evaluation.
A charge of $75/person applies for each evaluation. Additional charges may apply if multiple devices are evaluated.
Equipment evaluations should be completed 90 days after the course has been successfully passed.
In order for OSG to complete the practical equipment evaluation, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize hazards
- Recite applicable legislation
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Apply safe operating principles
- Identify requirements for charging
Course content is based on CSA B335-15 Safe Operation of Lift Trucks
Participant’s Manual, test, a record of attendance, and wallet card.
Operators and supervisors
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 96. (1)