Following best practices related to shift work and fatigue awareness can prevent illness, injuries, and mistakes on the job.
COURSE DURATION: 45 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: Take the course with membership for as low as $4 per user per month. View all pricing plans.
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Available for members only.
Shift work and fatigue awareness training provides workers and supervisors with general information about shift work, fatigue awareness, and related best practices to address concerns.
Who Needs Shift Work and Fatigue Awareness Training?
Shift work and fatigue awareness training is designed for individuals working at a site where there is shift work and its related fatigue.
- Why this topic is important
- Importance of best practice
- Health effects and risk of fatigue
- Cognitive problems, productivity
- Best practices – general, organization, at home
Industries and analysis
- Places that have shift work
- Customer service
- Health care
- Hotels and food service
- Industrial work
- Utilities (nuclear power, fossil fuel, solar power)
- Protective services
- Customs and immigration
General information and FAQs
- Why look at shift work
- Strategies to managing fatigue
- What an individual can do
- What organizations can do
- Going from one shift to another
- Recognize fatigue
- Treating fatigue
- Safe work practices
- How to schedule best
- Other practices
- Know if you are getting enough sleep
- Air traffic controllers
- Truck drivers