This 8-hour program will refresh participants knowledge and skills to respond to a medical emergency in the workplace. A prompt response can save lives, reduce the amount of time lost due to workplace injuries, and lower the resulting costs. Trained employees have also been shown to be more safety-conscious in general, therefore reducing the number of incidents. This program meets the criteria outlined in Regulation 1101 for a valid St. Johns First Aid Certificate or its equivalent.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply emergency scene management
- Recognize artificial respiration and cardiovascular emergencies (Level “C” CPR)
- Identify severe bleeding, choking, shock, and burns
- Recognize major and minor injuries, and fractures
- Identify major medical conditions (diabetes, asthma, epilepsy)
- Perform a secondary survey
Participant’s Manual, test, a record of attendance and wallet card.
Individuals who have taken Standard First Aid and CPR-C and whose qualification has expired, or would like to refresh their knowledge and skills.
Ont. Reg. 1101 First Aid Requirements