Substance abuse threatens the well-being of workers and the organization. People who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol are more likely to injure themselves or others at work and to perform poorly on their jobs. It is important Substance Abuse training is provided to ensure the well-being of all workers.
Substance Abuse Training provides employees with basic information about substance abuse, including its impact on workers and the workplace, how to recognize substance abuse, and what to do about it.
Who Needs Substance Abuse Training?
All workers and supervisors in all types of workplaces need substance abuse training.
Substance Abuse Training
- Employee health
- Employee morale
- Organizational image
- Creativity and competitiveness
- Work contribution to substance abuse
Recognizing Substance Abuse at Work
- Behavioural signs and symptoms of substance abuse
- Physical signs and symptoms of substance abuse
- Emotional signs and symptoms of substance abuse
Commonly Abused Substances
- Illegal drugs
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter drugs
Workplace Substance Abuse Programs
- Drug Testing
- Education and training
- Responding to suspected substance abuse
- Disciplinary action