Ready to Book? Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Ready to Book?
Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Ontario employers have to ensure that all workers and supervisors have completed a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program. This regulation mandates basic safety awareness training for all supervisors.
Expectations placed on a supervisor are always high. Our interactive workshop breaks down the responsibilities outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act and explains how those responsibilities directly relate to the health and safety of the workers you supervise.
Our content aligns with the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour supervisor awareness workbook.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of the supervisor
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker, and supervisor
- Discuss the role of the health and safety rep and the JHSC
- Recognize the importance of working as a team
- Identify how the supervisor fits in the Internal Responsibility System
- Explain the role of the WSIB and Ministry of Labour
- Support the rights of workers
- Explain how to recognize, assess, control, and evaluate hazards
- Handle health and safety concerns
- Recognize how to obtain health and safety assistance
- Identify health and safety resources
- Motivate employees to work safely
Participant Manual, numerous forms (accident investigation, workplace inspection, and hazard analysis), Occupational Health & Safety Act
s. 25.2 (c)