Exposure to fall hazards in Construction is a daily occurrence, but falls don’t have to be! Unfortunately, they happen all too often, as falls are the leading cause of fatalities in the Construction industry.
OSG’s Chief Prevention Officer approved course, Working at Heights Construction: Refresher has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge required to safely work at height.
Our program focuses on the application and use of the different fall protection systems, their components, as well as their limitations. Learners must demonstrate how to inspect the equipment, don and doff the harness, and maintain 100% tie-off. These are performance outcomes and must be achieved successfully.
Note: You must have a learner ID # and bring it with you to your training.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize working at heights hazards
- Explain the hierarchy of controls
- Discuss safe work plans
- Identify and assess when ladders are appropriate
- Describe types of warning methods and physical barriers
- Identify when warning methods and physical barriers are required
- Discuss limitations, application, and storage of different fall protection systems
- Calculate fall distances
- Demonstrate how to inspect the equipment, don and doff a harness, and maintain 100% tie-off
- Discuss the differences between permanent, temporary and structural anchors
- Select the appropriate fall protection equipment when working in a platform
- Explain the purpose, roles, and responsibilities of workplace parties with respect to a rescue plan
All of our Train-the-Trainer courses equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects s. 26.2 (1)
(1) An employer shall ensure that a worker who may use a fall protection system is adequately trained in its use and given adequate oral and written instructions by a competent person. O. Reg. 145/00, s. 13.