Falls from working at heights are one of the leading causes of workplace fatalities.
Our course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of how to convey the importance of fall hazards and controls. The program will provide instructions and insights as to the appropriate selection, use, and limitations of various types of fall protection and arresting equipment, as well as teach participants the importance of harness inspection and harness donning and doffing in your workplace.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles of fall protection
- Explain fall hazards
- Explain fall protection planning
- Explain fall protection systems
- Explain the hierarchy of controls
- Instruct inspection, donning and storage
The course includes theory and a hands-on demonstration of proper harness and lanyard inspection and donning and doffing. The course content is based on multiple CSA standards pertaining to fall protection.
All of our Train-the-Trainer courses equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Fall protection instructors
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 79