An inspection is a planned walk through of a workplace or work site. Inspections provide the opportunity to discuss health and safety issues with workers and supervisors, and identify hazards that have the potential to cause injury or illness. Routine inspections are a critical component of any health and safety program.
Our course is designed to take participants through the process of performing inspections from the preparation stage all the way through to follow up.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify legislation pertaining to workplace inspections
- Plan and prepare for an effective inspection
- Identify hazardous conditions within the workplace
- Report and recommend controls for identified hazards
- Evaluate the effectiveness of completed recommendations
Participant’s Manual, checklist, test, record of attendance, and wall certificate.
Managers, supervisors, JHSC members, and health and safety representatives.
OHSA s. 9(29)