Workplace Hazardous Materials
Earn your WHMIS certification through our comprehensive online training program.
What Will I Learn In This Course?
Failure to recognize and control hazards associated with exposure to biological, chemical, and physical agents has led to an increase in occupational illnesses. Individuals who may be exposed to these hazards must understand how to identify WHMIS controlled products in their facility and the purpose and significance of the information provided through labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
Our course is designed to provide employees with knowledge of the fundamental requirements of WHMIS legislation, as well as providing a useful comprehension of the WHMIS system, classes, labels, SDSs and common health effects.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe WHMIS and GHS and how they function
- Describe duties and responsibilities under WHMIS
- Classify hazard pictograms
- Recall standardized elements of a WHMIS supplier and workplace label
- Navigate specific information about hazards and precautions using the SDS
Why Train with OSG?
- Largest private health and safety training provider in Ontario
- No need to download additional software
- Complete training on your own schedule, from wherever you happen to be
- Our Client Success Team is here to help if you run into issues