Choose a delivery method
Every workplace manually handles material; however, poor manual material handling practices are one of the most common, misunderstood, and unrecognized hazards.
Our program contains the information necessary for workplace parties to assess jobs, and determine the risk of injury due to bending, twisting, flexing, etc. Discussion will include major causes for back, shoulder, neck, wrist, and arm pain, as well as options for adjusting or rearranging work areas to provide a safer workspace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify manual material handling injuries
- Assess hazards related to manual material handling
- Discuss basic anatomy of the spine
- Identify types of back injuries
- Explain safe work practices involving manual material handling
JHSC members, workers and supervisors.
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 45