Online | Distance LearningDuration: 3 days
$475 per person
Online | Self-PacedDuration: 13 hours
Available with Online JHSC Certification
Provincial employers in Ontario employing 20 or more regularly employed workers must have a Joint Health and Safety Committee consisting of at least two certified members: one member representing workers and one member representing management.
Committees have a primary responsibility to identify hazards and bring them to the attention of the employer. Upon successful completion of our approved program, certified members will have the knowledge required to fulfill their legislated duties and support workplace parties in understanding their roles in preventing occupational injuries and illnesses as part of the internal responsibility system.
OSG is an Ontario Chief Prevention Officer Approved Training Provider for Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification Part 1.
Reminder: In order to become a certified member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC), members must successfully complete Part 2 of the certification training within twelve months of completing Part 1. Get certified in as little as 4 days with our JHSC Online Certification.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain their role as a certified member
- Explain the roles of workplace parties
- Identify health and safety legislation, and demonstrate how to access it
- Explain basic rights, responsibilities, and training requirements
- Describe the purpose, legal requirements for, and rights and duties of the JHSC and its members
- Describe how a functioning JHSC works
- Describe the basic process of recognizing, assessing, controlling, and evaluating hazards
- Explain hazard recognition and the process of workplace inspections
- Describe methods of hazard assessment, control, and evaluation
- Practice recognizing, assessing, controlling, and evaluating hazard controls
- State the requirements for investigating accidents
OHSA s.9(2); OHSA s.9(12)
Questions about JHSC Certification Training?
Learn more about Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification including more information on our different course delivery options.