Experience the convenience of virtual training
Here to Help
Our Client Success Team is available for live troubleshooting if you run into issues.
Easy to Use
No need to download additional software. Simply open your web browser and you're ready to learn.
Tools & Resources
Recieve learning materials and resources that you can use even after your training is complete.
Distance Learning FAQ
How are distance learning courses different from in-person courses?
Distance learning courses provide a similar experience as in-person facilitator-led courses, just delivered online. All participants enrolled in a distance learning course will be in the same online classroom, on the same date, at the same time.
The facilitator will still conduct the training but instead of being in a classroom, they will be speaking into a live streaming to their virtual classroom.
What are the technology requirements for distance learning?
- For the best experience, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer with the Chrome browser. Mobile and tablet devices are not supported at this time.
- Your network speed should be at least 5 Mbps Up / 2 Mbps Down. Test your network speed.
- You will need to have built-in or external speakers or headphones to hear the facilitator.
- Webcams are encouraged for all courses. They are required for Train-the-Trainer courses. Test your camera setup is working correctly with your browser.
- Microphones are encouraged. They are required for Train-the-Trainer courses. Test your microphone setup is working correctly with your browser.
Do I need a webcam and microphone to participate?
We encourage all learners to use a microphone and webcam. Many interactive opportunities require one or both for the best experience.
For Train-the-Trainer courses, a webcam and microphone are required.
Can I attend on my phone or tablet?
No. For the best experience, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer with the Chrome browser. Our mobile and tablet experience is coming soon.
Can I call or dial-in to attend the course?
You cannot dial-in only as our courses rely on visual instruction as well as audio.
Can I share the same login with a colleague?
No, logins cannot be shared. In order to obtain a certificate, you need to have completed the course as an individual. You can enroll multiple participants in the same course, but they will need to attend separately.
How many people can attend the same course?
Typically, the maximum number of participants in a course is 25, but it varies depending on the course. The maximum number of participants for Train-the-Trainer courses is 10-12 people, depending on the specific course.
When can I enter the classroom of the course I'm attending?
You can access the home page of the course as soon as you get the link. Links are sent via email one day before the course starts. Once you reach the homepage, you can learn more about the specifics of their training and download any handouts.
The facilitator will start the course at the course start time stated in the course reminder email.
How do I access the virtual classroom?
You will receive a course reminder email 1 day before your course starts. It will include a link to the course.
- Click the link that was sent to you in the course reminder email (or copy and paste the link into your browser)
- Click “Continue as guest”.
- Enter your name. The name you type here will be the name that your facilitator and peers will see.
- Click Sign in. A new page will open that shows the name of the course and a preview of your video feed.
- Adjust your audio-visual settings
- Click the camera button if you want to turn your camera off
- Click the microphone button if you want to turn your microphone off
- Click the three dots button to access additional settings such as blurring your background
How can I be sure an employee of mine is attending and engaged in the course?
Even though the course is being held online, a facilitator will take attendance and be present throughout the duration of the course. If someone who registered does not attend, we will contact the person who booked the course to let them know of the absence.
We expect and encourage participation in our distance learning courses, just like we would in person. However, at this time, we do not assess different levels of participation. Our assessment comes from the mandatory activities and in many cases, the final assessment, which is an individual test all participants must complete in order to be certified.
I've registered for a course, what happens next?
You will be sent an email that includes instructions for joining the virtual classroom at least one day prior to the course start.
If you do not receive your link please contact the client success team at 1.800.815.9980 or email email@example.com. Our operating hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm EST.