Certificate Valid for 3 Years
Construction Project Workers
Join our hands-on course to learn to recognize and handle the risks of working at heights. Plus get hands-on practice with equipment designed to keep you safe.
You will learn to identify safety risks, proper ladder use, and how and when to use physical barriers. Then, get real experience using different safety systems and understand their strengths and limits. Our course is easy to understand, practical, and prepares you for real-life work situations.
What you will learn
This Working at Heights course will equip you with the essential knowledge and hands-on experience to safely operate in high-risk environments. Once you've completed this comprehensive program, you'll be adept at:
- Identifying potential dangers associated with working at heights
- Understanding and using the hierarchy of controls
- Identifying how and when ladders are appropriate to use and how to inspect and maintain them
Identify when warning methods and physical barriers are required
- Describing the limitations, application, and storage of different fall protection systems
- Calculating fall distances
- Demonstrating how to inspect the equipment, don and doff a harness, and maintain 100% tie-off
- Selecting the appropriate fall protection equipment when working on a platform
- Understanding the responsibilities of workplace parties with respect to a rescue plan
Who should take this course?
If you or any of your staff work on a construction project and use fall protection equipment, this training is required as stated by the Occupational Health and Safety Act - Ontario Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects.
Workers who require this training will need to complete a program that has been approved by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development's Chief Prevention Officer (CPO). The CPO has approved OSG's Working at Heights course.
Supervisors, JHSC members, and health and safety representatives will also benefit from this course.
If you have a Working at Heights certificate that is expiring soon, our Working at Heights Refresher course allows you to get re-certified in just 4 hours.