TRANSPORTATION OF DANGEROUS GOODS (TDG) ONLINE TRAINING
Failure to understand the consequences of improper shipping and handling of dangerous goods can be costly and dangerous.
Transporting Dangerous Goods
There are 9 classes of dangerous goods in Ontario, including:
- Flammable Liquids
- Flammable Solids
- Oxidizing Substances
- Toxic & Infectious Substances
- Radioactive Material
- Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods
Ontario law requires that all persons involved in the transportation of any of these chemicals by road, rail, water or air complete training.
What Will I Learn In This Course?
Our course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the regulatory requirements when shipping, receiving, or offering to transport dangerous goods.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify their duties and responsibilities
- Recall definitions
- List the classifications
- Differentiate between special cases and exemptions
- Recognize proper containers
- Describe safety marks
- Complete shipping documents
- Explain the emergency response assistance plan (ERAP)
- List accidental/imminent release reporting requirements
- Prepare waste manifests
This course is based on the TDG Act and Regulations
Why Train with OSG?
- Largest private health and safety training provider in Ontario
- Ontario Chief Prevention Officer Approved provider of JHSC Part I and II training
- 20 classroom locations across Ontario
- Interactive instruction and discussion from trainers with over 150 years of combined experience