Find out how you can save 40% on average when compared to in-class training with tools to create any training.
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in workplaces today. Failure to identify spaces as confined, failure to properly assess the hazards in these spaces, and failure to create a space-specific plan prior to entry can lead to catastrophic loss.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the definition of a confined space
- Outline the elements of a confined space program (hazard assessment, entry plan, permit)
- Identify hazards, controls, and rescue requirements
- Explain the responsibilities of workplace parties
- List the requirements for documentation
The course content is based on the Ministry of Labour Confined Space Guidelines and Ontario Regulation 632/05 Confined Spaces
Our course is designed to provide supervisors, entrants, and attendants with the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be successfully planned and carried out.
O.Reg. 632/05 s.8(1); O.Reg. 632/05 s.9
Note: This is an awareness course only. The employer must still provide plan-specific training; this may include training on equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) related to the space.
Continuing Education Credits
HRPA has approved this course for CPD. Please contact us at 800.815.9980 to find out more.