Following best practices can help retailers minimize external theft and shoplifting. External theft currently costs retailers billions of dollars each year.
COURSE DURATION: 30 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: Take the course with membership for as low as $4 per user per month. View all pricing plans.
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Available for members only.
External Theft Prevention Training provides workers and supervisors in the retail sector with information about shoplifting and other kinds of external theft and prevention best practices. This course includes how to prevent shoplifting, counterfeiting, credit card fraud, check fraud, and return fraud.
Who Needs External Theft Prevention Training?
Owners, managers, and employees working in areas or locations that could be exposed to shoplifting or other forms of external theft.
- Why this topic is important
- Definition of shoplifting
- Definition of credit card fraud
- Definition of check fraud
- Definition of return fraud
- Definition of counterfeiting
- Impact of shoplifting alone
- Focus on Canada
- How to spot shoplifters
- Stay alert, greet customers, display signs
- Do not accuse, do not physically stop a shoplifter, do call security
- Employee training
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Spot check inventory, have an inventory tracking system
- Display signs
- If shoplifting happens
- Options for preventing shoplifting
Other Theft Prevention Methods
- Credit card fraud prevention
- Return fraud prevention
- Check fraud prevention
- Counterfeiting prevention
- Know what to expect
- Train employees
- Phone numbers
- Convenience stores