Hiring the right employees is critical to the success of any organization. The job interview is an essential part of the hiring process.
Find out how you can save 40% on average when compared to in-class training with tools to create any training.Membership
How to Conduct a Job Interview provides basic information on how to prepare for and conduct job interviews in order to select candidates best suited for available positions.
Who Needs Job Hazard Analysis Training?
How to Conduct a Job Interview is appropriate for anyone who is expected to conduct hiring interviews.
Employee Selection Process
- Purpose and goal
- Illegal discrimination
- Selection process
Preparing for the Interview
- Know what you are looking for
- Read resumes and cover letters
- Prepare questions
- Contact candidate
- Know the company’s strategy, mission, structure, perks, benefits
Conducting the Interview
- Opening the interview
- Ask prepared questions
- Listen closely
- Allow time for the candidate to fill in the blanks
- Ask follow-up questions
- Answer candidate’s questions openly and thoroughly
- Online interviewing
- Sell your organization
After the Interview
- Check with bystanders
- Contact references
- Spend more time with select candidates
- Candidate evaluation
- Make recommendations