Everyone is exposed to radiation in their daily lives. People who work directly with or around radiation have a higher risk for health problems without proper safety precautions.
COURSE DURATION: 30 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: Take the course with membership for as low as $4 per user per month. View all pricing plans.
Available for members only.
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Radiation Safety Awareness provides workers in the healthcare setting– and their supervisors with a basic understanding of radiation and radiation safety in the workplace.
Who Needs Radiation Safety Training?
All workers in healthcare facilities, including supervisors.
What is Radiation?
- Energy travelling in the form of waves or particles
- Sources of radiation
- Ionizing radiation and Non-ionizing radiation
- Background radiation
- Artificial radiation
Health Effects of Radiation
- Dose of radiation
- Long-term chronic exposure
- Short-term acute exposure
- Typical exposures in healthcare
Protection from Radiation
- Contamination control
- Radiation safety awareness precautions
- Radiation warning signs and labels
Regulation of Radiation