Propane Safety covers specific hazard control measures such as engineering controls, PPE, safe work practices, and emergency protocols that will help workers and employers implement and follow in the workplace.
COURSE DURATION: 35 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: $35.00Buy Now
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Respirator Protection training online provides information you and your employees need in order to use respirators properly. You as the employer must take additional steps, including providing worksite-specific training, fit-testing and medical evaluation, and hands-on training on how to don and doff respirators and conduct user seal checks. Respirator protection training will also ensure workers will be able to successfully use respirators correctly.
Who Needs Propane Safety Training?
All workers and supervisors who are exposed to respiratory hazards on the job
- Health effects
- Hierarchy of controls
- Purpose of respirators
- Based on hazard assessment and other factors
- Capabilities and limitations of respirators
- Types of Respirators
- Levels of protection/protection factors
- Identify and evaluate hazards
Use of Respirators
- Donning and Doffing
- Seal check
- Voluntary use
- Prior to fit-testing, medical confirmation that worker does not have any condition that could prevent safe use of a respirator
- Must be fit to do the work while wearing a respirator
- Qualitative or qualitative
Cleaning, inspecting, maintenance, storage
- Cleaned and sanitized
- As often as necessary
- Emergency respirators
- Inspection before and after each use
- Report defective equipment
- Clean and sanitary location
- Stored to retain natural configuration