Ready to Book? Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Ready to Book?
Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Lift Trucks and mobile equipment accidents are preventable and unacceptable. Their widespread use requires that individuals working on, and around, lift trucks recognize hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which lift trucks are operated.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test, and they must pass the practical skills evaluation. The practical skills evaluation is to be performed at the participant’s workplace.
In order to receive your certification, the course portion of the program needs to be completed as well as a practical equipment evaluation. A charge of $75/person applies for each evaluation. Additional charges may apply if multiple devices are evaluated.
Equipment evaluations should be completed 90 days after the course has been successfully passed.
In order for OSG to complete the practical equipment evaluation, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards
- Discuss competency and general responsibilities
- Discuss stability principles
- List and perform Pre-Operational Checks
- Follow safe operating procedures
- Identify hazards with the different fuel sources
Our course is designed in accordance with CSA B335-04 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
Participant manual, test, record of attendance, and wallet card.
Lift truck operators, supervisors, JHSC members, and safety representatives
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 96. (1)