Ready to Book? Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Ready to Book?
Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Mobile boom cranes are an essential piece of equipment required for safe and efficient material handling on construction and industrial job sites. Competent operators that apply what they have been taught, contribute to overall site safety through their training, knowledge and experience.
Failure to have competent operators has led to tip-overs, boom collapses, contact with power lines, or uncontrolled hoisted loads. This has resulted in injury or loss to life, product and property. This course will provide participants with the necessary knowledge required to properly identify hazards, inspect, and safely operate the equipment.
In order for an operator to receive a certificate of competency, successful completion of theory and practical testing is required.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the equipment and job site
- Identify and discuss common crane components
- Perform thorough pre-operational inspections
- Discuss stability principle and load charts
- Execute a safe lift plan
- Identify safe hoisting and operating techniques
- Discuss relevant legislation
Mobile boom crane operators, worksite supervisors/managers
O.Reg 213/91 Construction Projects. s. 96(1)
O.Reg. 851 Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations s. 14.23(1)
CSA Z-150 Safety Code for Mobile Boom Cranes
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete certification. A $100/person charge applies for each evaluation.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order
Please Note: This course is not approved by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities and does not include Broderson training.
Continuing Education Credits
HRPA has approved this course for CPD. Please contact us at 800.815.9980 to find out more.