This course is designed to instruct workplace trainers on how to effectively deliver OSG’s Safe Operation of a Mobile Boom Crane course.
Mobile boom cranes are an essential piece of equipment required for safe and efficient material handling on construction and industrial job sites. Competent operators that apply what they have been taught, contribute to overall site safety through their training, knowledge and experience.
Failure to have competent operators has led to tip-overs, boom collapses, contact with power lines, or uncontrolled hoisted loads. This has resulted in injury or loss to life, product and property. This course will provide participants with the necessary knowledge required to properly identify hazards, inspect, and safely operate the equipment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain hazards specific to the equipment and job site
- Identify and discuss common crane components
- Explain and perform thorough pre-operational inspections
- Explain stability principle and load charts
- Execute a safe lift plan
- Explain safe hoisting and operating techniques
- Discuss relevant legislation
All of our Train-the-Trainer courses equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Instructors, mobile boom crane operators, worksite supervisors/managers
O.Reg 213/91 Construction Projects. s. 96(1)
O.Reg. 851 Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations s. 14.23(1)
CSA Z-150 Safety Code for Mobile Boom Cranes
Please Note: This course is not approved by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities and does not include Broderson training.