Become a Telehandler Lift Truck Trainer!
Learn how to train your workers to safely operate a Telehandler.
When you become the trainer, you can train staff whenever needed. If your organization would like to save money by handling Telehandler training internally, invest in training for one qualified operator who can then train your entire staff! Organizations that train a high volume of workers, experience high turnover, or want to increase internal expertise will benefit from having a certified trainer in-house.
Telehandlers are a Class VII (7) Rough Terrain Forklift, typically used in construction-type environments. Competent instruction is a key component to achieving the safe operation of this device.
Our course will teach experienced operators the exact methods to train workers on how to safely operate a Telehandler Lift Truck. Participants will learn to recognize hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which it is operated, as well as safe operating principles pertaining to the safe operation of the equipment. The course includes a practical skills evaluation. The evaluation will be performed at the participant’s workplace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
Explain to participants the importance of hazard identification
Discuss the components of competency and general responsibilities
Verify that participants can plan their movements to ensure the stability of the telehandler and the load
Ensure that participants can perform pre-operational checks
Explain to participants safe operating procedures
Verify that participants understand fuel source hazard
Our Safe Operation of a Telehandler program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
All of our Train-the-Trainer courses equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Telehandler operators, supervisors, JHSC members, and safety representatives.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to complete this course:
- Completed Tools and Techniques for Adult Learning
- Be a competent operator of Telehandlers, demonstrated by having more than one year of experience operating the equipment and/or have received a certificate of competency from a training provider
Our prerequisites are in place to ensure that every learner comes to the course equipped with the knowledge and experience to get the most out of this training.
- Reg. for Construction Projects s.96
- Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 51. (2)