Become a Telehandler Lift Truck Trainer!
Learn how to train your workers to safely operate a Telehandler.
When you become the trainer, you can train staff whenever needed. If your organization would like to save money by handling Telehandler training internally, invest in training for one qualified operator who can then train your entire staff! Organizations who train a high volume of workers, experience high turnover, or want to increase internal expertise will benefit from having a certified trainer in-house.
Telehandlers are a Class VII (7) Rough Terrain Forklift, typically used in construction-type environments. Competent instruction is a key component to achieving safe operation of this device.
Our course will teach experienced operators the exact methods to train workers on how to safely operate a Telehandler Lift Truck. Participants will learn to recognize hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which it is operated, as well as safe operating principles pertaining to safe operation of the equipment. The course includes a practical skills evaluation. The evaluation will be performed at the participant’s workplace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
Explain to participants the importance of hazard identification
Discuss the components of competency and general responsibilities
Verify that participants can plan their movements to ensure the stability of the telehandler and the load
Ensure that participants can perform pre-operational checks
Explain to participants safe operating procedures
Verify that participants understand fuel source hazard
Our Safe Operation of a Telehandler program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
- Leader’s Guide
- Wall certificate and wallet card
- CD containing PowerPoint presentation
For your future participants:
- 10 Participant’s Manuals
- Sample certificates
Telehandler operators, supervisors, JHSC members, and safety representatives.
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible to complete this course:
- Completed Train-the-Trainer Mandatory Day
- Be a competent operator of Telehandlers, demonstrated by having more than one year of experience operating the equipment and/or having received a certificate of competency by a training provider
Our prerequisites are in place to ensure that every learner comes to the course equipped with the knowledge and experience to get the most out of this training.
- Reg. for Construction Projects s.96
- Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 51. (2)
The fee for the Train-the-Trainer course includes one on-site practical evaluation from OSG to a location within the 519, 548 and 226; 416, 437 and 647; and 289, 365 and 905 area codes. OSG recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance.
- Participant has a minimum of 1-day practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating.
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up to date