Every year tractors are involved in accidents that cause serious injury and death. Safety training is critical for the safe operation of a tractor.
Tractor Safety provides basic information about tractor safety, including safety practices to follow to avoid tractor accidents.
Who Needs Tractor Safety Learning?
Anyone who may use a tractor for work and their supervisors.
Overview of Tractor Safety
- Extent of the problem (data)
- Most common types of serious accidents
- Need for training
Pre-Use Safety Check
- Safety belt
- Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS)
- Operator’s platform
- Fluid leaks and levels
- Tractor maintenance
Safe Start-Up and Shutdown
- Start up
- Protective clothing and equipment
- Shut Down
- Operating on slopes
Preventing Other Accidents
- Being caught in moving parts
- Hazards of tractors on highways
- Safe highway travel