The majority of Canadian workers own cell phones. Using cellphones at work can be beneficial to employers and employees. They can also interfere with productivity, safety, and security.
COURSE DURATION: 45 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: Take the course with membership for as low as $4 per user per month. View all pricing plans.
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Available for members only.
Using Cell Phones at Work explores the problems of cell phone use at work and provides suggestions for best practices and a cell phone use policy.
Who Needs Using Cell Phones at Work Training?
All workplace parties who use or may be using cell phones at work.
Overview of Cell Phone Use at Work
- Working definition
- Major issues
- The biggest challenge to workplace productivity
- Personal calls
- Accessing internet
- Heavy machinery
- Power tools
- Assembly lines
- Interference with personal protective equipment
- Interference with other electronic devices
- Intellectual property rights
- Personal customer information
- Confidential employee information
- Privacy rights
- Transmitting obscene or indecent material
- Lost/stolen phones
Best practices for cell phone use at work
- Avoid mixing personal and work use
- Silence your phone
- Take calls outside
- Give customers full attention
- Respect co-workers
- Keep it work appropriate
- Follow cell phone driving laws and policies
- Cell phone policy