Our course material is designed to provide for the safe and effective movement of road users through or around temporary traffic zones while protecting road users, workers, and responders to traffic incidents, and equipment.
Of equal importance to the public traveling through these zones, is the safety of workers performing the many varied tasks within the work area. Our course provides those who work in or with temporary traffic conditions with the knowledge required to set the work area up safely.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss Fundamental Principles of Traffic Protection and temporary road conditions.
- Identify Traffic Protection Devices, Selection, Maintenance, Quality.
- Recognize different Traffic Control/Traffic Protection Plans.
- Determine Typical Layouts.
- Explain the role of Traffic Control Persons.
Participant manual, test, record of attendance and wall certificate.
Traffic control personnel, individuals working in temporary road conditions, and supervisors
Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects
“Every employer shall develop in writing and implement a traffic protection plan for the employer’s workers at a project if any of them may be exposed to a hazard from vehicular traffic.”
Continuing Education Credits
BCRSP previously awarded technical hours for BCRSP CM points. See www.bcrsp.ca for CM point criteria.
HRPA has approved this course for CPD. Please contact us at 800.815.9980 to find out more.