Ontario employers have to ensure that all workers and supervisors have completed a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program. They have a responsibility to provide workers with the information and instruction required to perform their job safely.
Our course assists employers in fulfilling this obligation by providing workers with information about their rights and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as the importance of safety in the workplace.
Our course prepares instructors by teaching them how to deliver effective safety training. We teach instructors to deliver information about worker rights and responsibilities as outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as the importance of safety in the workplace. Our content aligns with the requirements outlined in the Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development worker awareness workbook.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the worker’s role in health and safety
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of the employer, worker and supervisor
- Explain the role of the health and safety rep and JHSC members
- Discuss worker rights (know, refuse, and participate)
- Explain common workplace hazards
- Explain how to protect yourself from hazards
- Discuss the importance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Explain where to get more information about hazards
- Explain how to work within the Internal Responsibility System
- Explain how workers can participate in safety
- Explain how to be a role model
- Discuss the right to refuse unsafe work
- Discuss where to obtain health and safety information
We equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
Instructors and supervisors.
OSHA. s. 25.2 (a)