WORKPLACE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS ON-SITE FORMAT
Earn your WHMIS certification through our comprehensive on-site training program.
What Will I Learn In This Course?
The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) is an internationally agreed upon system for standardizing the classification of chemicals through labelling and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
Canada has adopted the GHS criteria and will be implementing it through the WHMIS system. Our course is designed to teach instructors about the changes to WHMIS and how to effectively deliver this session based on the changes outlined in the GHS.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the Globally Harmonized System
- Identify the key differences brought forward by GHS
- Recognize pictograms for GHS hazard categories
- Identify the hazards associated with each category
- Find specific information about hazards and precautions using the SDS
Why Train with OSG?
- Largest private health and safety training provider in Ontario
- Ontario Chief Prevention Officer Approved provider of JHSC Part I and II training
- 20 classroom locations across Ontario
- Interactive instruction and discussion from trainers with over 150 years of combined experience