Joint health and Safety COMMITtEE (JHSC) Training
Become a certified Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) member with our CPO-approved training. Available in classrooms across Ontario.
What is Joint Health and Safety Training?
This training gives employees and managers the opportunity to become a certified member of their organization's Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC). Participants will learn about key health and safety principles so they're equipped with the knowledge required to contribute to a safe working environment.
For companies in Ontario with more than 20 workers, having a JHSC is a legal requirement under the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Not only do organizations need to have a committee, but the committee needs at least two members who have completed a CPO-approved JHSC certification course. That's where our JHSC training comes in—any employee or manager can become certified by successfully completing Part I and Part II of our CPO-approved JHSC training.
How Do I Become Certified?
No previous training or experience is required. You can become certified in 3 simple steps!
Step 1: Successfully complete JHSC Part I, a 3-day in-person course
Step 2: Successfully complete JHSC Part II, a 2-day in-person course. Must be completed within six months of completing JHSC Part I
Step 3: Successfully complete JHSC Refresher Training every three years
What Will I Learn?
Our enthusiastic trainers will help you be a confident member of your JHSC so you will be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of a certified JHSC member and other workplace parties
- Identify, explain, and demonstrate relevant health and safety legislation, and explain the purpose and legal requirements of the JHSC
- State the basic RACE methodology: recognizing, assessing, controlling, and evaluating hazards
- State the requirements for investigating accidents
- Describe the process of hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation
- Apply the RACE methodology to each hazard module
- Create a draft action plan and recommendations
Why Train with OSG?
- Largest private health and safety training provider in Ontario
- Ontario Chief Prevention Officer Approved provider of JHSC Part I and II training
- 20 convenient classroom locations across Ontario
- Interactive instruction and discussion from trainers with over 150 years of combined experience
Training is offered in classrooms throughout Ontario. For locations, dates, and prices, check out our course calendar.