Choose a delivery method
Telehandlers are a Class VII (7) Rough Terrain Forklift, typically used in construction-type environments. Competent instruction is a key component to achieving safe operation of this device.
Our course is designed to provide participants the ability to recognize hazards associated with the equipment and the environment in which it is operated, as well as the safe operating principles pertaining to safe operation of the equipment. The practical skills evaluation is to be performed at the worker’s place of employment.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the equipment and environment
- Discuss competency requirements and general responsibilities
- Explain stability principles
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Follow safe operating procedures
- Identify fuel source hazards
Our Safe Operation of a Telehandler program is designed in accordance with CSA B335-15 Safety Standard for Lift Trucks.
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete the certification. OSG recommends that practical evaluations be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
Telehandler operators, supervisors, JHSC members, and safety representatives.
Reg. for Industrial Establishments s. 51. (2)
You may also be interested in:
- Safe Operation of Aerial Work Platforms*
- Safe Operation of a Bucket Truck
- Safe Operation of an Electric Pallet Truck
- Safe Operation of Hoists
- Safe Operation of a Lift Truck*
- Safe Operation of Overhead Cranes*
- 7 Tips to Help You Prepare for a Ministry of Labour Inspection Blitz – Equipment Edition
- Top Four Ministry Of Labour Deadlines You Need To Know About
*Train-the-Trainer option available