Take this course, and 100+ others, with our membership for $4.00 per user, per month.
Improperly secured loads can contribute to fatalities, collisions, and loss of freight. Cargo Securement Training provides basic information on proper cargo securement as well as an overview of parts 1, 2, and 3 of the North American Cargo Securement Standard.
Overview of Cargo Securement
- Problems with improperly secured cargo
- Benefits of proper securement
- The guiding principle of public safety
- North American Cargo Securement Standard
Physics of Cargo Securement
- Basic laws of physics
- Forces in four directions
- Motion from normal driving
- Performance criteria of the Standard
General Cargo Securement Requirements
- Application of general cargo securement rules
- The general requirement for cargo securement
- Appropriate systems
- Elements of the securement system
- Securing devices
- Working load limit (WLL)
Packing, Placement, Restraint, and Inspections
- Cargo inspections
Specific Securement Requirements
- Dressed lumber
- Metal Coils
- Paper rolls
- Concrete pipes
- Paper rolls
- Vehicles as cargo
- Roll-on/roll-off and hook lift containers
Who Needs Cargo Securement Learning?
Motor carriers, shippers, and commercial drivers.
Continuing Education Credits
HRPA has approved this course for CPD. Please contact us at 800.815.9980 to find out more.