This workshop will cover the ergonomic basics training for all participants to aid in awareness and understanding of ergonomic risk factors. Participants will be able to personally apply the knowledge and skills learned for effective ergonomic manual material handling.
- Highlight what ergonomics is and why it’s important
- Identify the principles of basic ergonomics
- Education regarding key ergonomic risk factors
- Education regarding ideal manual material handling for lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling tasks
- Tips and techniques regarding team lifting
Employers interested in proactively educating their staff regarding ideal manual material handling from an ergonomic perspective. Ideal for supervisors, managers, safety representatives and all production workers
required to participate in material handling tasks.
Legislative, Guideline or Standard Reference
OSHA s. 25. (2)(h)