For those who exercise managerial responsibilities, identifying the legislation and the hazards applicable to your work environment is essential, as these are key factors in health and safety management.
OSG’s course Canada Labour Code is designed to provide employees who exercise managerial responsibilities, and members of policy and workplace committees, knowledge of federal legislation as it relates to occupational health and safety. Federally regulated companies include the federal government, broadcasting, telecommunications, railways, banks, airport transportation, shipyards, and may also include trucking companies.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to;
- Discuss the duties of employers and employees
- Discuss offences and penalties
- Identify the requirements for and responsibilities of workplace and policy committees
- Discuss the hazard prevention
- Explain the internal complaint resolution process
- Identify factors in establishing due diligence
- Discuss the role of the health and safety officer
Policy committees, workers, supervisors and managers
Canada Labour Code s. 125.1(z), 125.1(z.01)
Continuing Education Credits
HRPA has approved this course for CPD. Please contact us at 800.815.9980 to find out more.