Our Electrical Safety Awareness training program provides a comprehensive understanding of safe electrical workplace practices in accordance with CSA Z462-15.
This program will provide participants with guidance in identifying and assessing electrical hazards, designing safe work procedures, selecting personal protective equipment, as well as protective measures associated with working around electrical energy.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how electricity adversely affects the body
- Identify safe work practices when exposed to electrical hazards (incl. Risk
- Recognize shock protection boundaries and personal protection
- Identify the hazards associated with arc flash
- Recognize the importance of CSA Z462-15 (Including Lockout CSA Z 460)
Course content is based on CSA Z462-15 Electrical Safety
Participant’s Manual, test, a record of attendance, and wall certificate.
Managers, supervisors, maintenance personnel, JHSC members, and safety representatives
OHSA s. 25.2(a)