This 1-day workshop-style, discussion-based course is designed to bring JHSC members up-to-date with the latest regulations. The course reminds members of the various duties and responsibilities of the JHSC. Sessions are complemented by checklists, sample paperwork, and tracking mechanisms for items such as hazard identification, meetings, and inspections.
Certified JHSC members who became certified after March 1, 2016, are required to complete JHSC Refresher Training every three years to maintain their certification.
- Discuss the rights, duties, and responsibilities of certified members and workplace parties
- Recognize and apply changes and/or updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and new safety initiatives from the last three years
- Identify methods to evaluate the health of your IRS
- Practice identifying hazards, completing hazard evaluations, and making recommendations
- Create effective action plans
- Create a plan to improve the effectiveness of your JHSC
- Discuss best practices with other JHSC members and adapt JHSC best practices for your workplace
Questions about JHSC Refresher Training?
Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Joint Health and Safety Committee Training.