Tools & Techniques
for Adult Learning
Failure to control the release of hazardous energy while servicing and maintaining equipment has the potential to cause severe workplace injuries. Properly training someone to deliver lockout internally through our Train-the-Trainer program can improve worker retention, safety and save the company money on training.
Our course, delivered by highly qualified instructors, is designed to provide the required knowledge and tools to your workplace trainer to effectively deliver this course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain lockout and associated definitions
- Discuss hazardous energy control program elements
- Recognize and explain lockout devices
- Explain the steps to lockout
- Explain lockout processes
- Explain alternate hazardous energy control methods
All of our Train-the-Trainer courses equip you with the tools and materials you need to start training, including:
- Leader’s Guide – a resource to help guide you while you lead training that includes speaking notes, prompts, tips, and more
- 10 Participant Manuals to provide your learners with during your training
- Access to our Instructor Portal so you can download the PowerPoint Presentation to help facilitate training at your workplace and place an order to restock your Participant Manuals
CSA Z460-13 Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout and Other Methods.