Our Manager & Supervisor Due Diligence Training Online will provide participants with an understanding of the “responsibilities” and “reasonable steps” to be taken for the protection of all workplace parties.
COURSE DURATION: 60 mins
CERTIFICATE VALIDITY: 3 years
DEVICE COMPATIBILITY: Desktop, Laptop, Tablet/iPad, Phone
PRICE: Take the course with membership for as low as $4 per user per month. View all pricing plans.
Our Health and Safety Management System can save your organization up to 40% on training costs. Request a free trial today.
Available for members only.
Due Diligence Training online will explore the obligations and potential liabilities of company owners, managers, and supervisors, and will discuss the elements critical to a strong health and safety program and safety management system. Upon successful completion, a certificate will be issued automatically.
Who Needs Due Diligence Training?
This course is designed to help owners, employers, managers and supervisors understand their duties and responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace
What is Due Diligence
- Defence against liability
- Reasonable care
Internal Responsibility System
- IRS, culture of workplace safety
- Safety committees
- Worker representation
- Cooperation, communication, accountability
Responsibility, Authority and Accountability
- Employer, supervisor, worker responsibilities
- Relationship with authorities
- Workplace & equipment inspections
- Handling hazardous materials
- Accident investigations
Establishing Due Diligence
- Health & Safety policies & procedures
- Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC)
- Workplace inspections and monitoring
- Documentation system
- Work Refusals
- New employee orientation
Criminal Code of Canada
- Bill C-45 and Due Diligence for owners, employers, managers and supervisors
- Criminal negligence by a corporation or an individual
- Legal duties of employees, supervisors, managers and owners
- Fines and consequences of conviction
- Select jurisdiction of workplace [which province, or Federal]
- Review regulations and guidelines that apply