Aerial work platforms are becoming more popular as they offer a safer way to work at heights. Operating these devices safely requires knowledge, skill, and serious commitment to safety.
Our course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safely and efficiently. Additionally, this course includes a full module on the use of fall protection equipment in connection with the use of aerial work platforms.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the operator and their environment
- Explain applicable legislation
- List devices and operating controls
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Perform safe operating procedures
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Recognize the need for fall protection
Our course is designed in accordance with CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Participant Manual, test, a record of attendance, and wallet card
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2)
Ont. Reg. 213/91 – Construction Projects 96. (1)
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete certification. A $75/person charge applies for each evaluation. If additional evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, then a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. Additional charges will apply if lifting device evaluations are required to be performed outside the 905, 416, 519, and 226 area codes.
Hands-on evaluations must be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance
- The participant has a minimum of 1-day practical experience on each piece of equipment he/she will be operating
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up-to-date