Aerial work platforms are becoming more popular as they offer a safer way to work at height. Operating these devices safely requires knowledge, skill, and serious commitment to safety.
Our course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safely and efficiently. Additionally, this course includes an entire module on the use of fall protection equipment in connection with use of aerial work platforms.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards
- Identify aerial lift devices and operating controls
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Perform platform positioning and park positioning
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete the certification. A $75/person charge applies for each evaluation if not completed during original training date. When evaluations are required for different types of lifting devices, a charge of $25/person/lifting device will apply. Additional charges will apply if lifting device evaluations are required to be performed outside the 905, 416, 519, and 226 area codes. Hands-on evaluations must be completed within 90 days of completing the theory portion of the program.
In order for evaluations to be completed, the following conditions must be met:
- Confirmation of the date and location of the equipment evaluation must be received in advance.
- Participant has a minimum of 1 day practical experience on each piece of equipment on which he/she will be operating.
- Equipment is in good working order and annual equipment certification is up-to-date.