Ready to Book? Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Ready to Book?
Call us at 800.815.9980 or contact us today.
Aerial work platforms are becoming more popular as they offer a safer way to work at heights. Operating these devices safely requires knowledge, skill, and a serious commitment to safety.
Our course is designed to provide operators with the knowledge and skill to be able to operate the equipment safely and efficiently. Additionally, it includes a full module on the use of fall protection equipment in connection with the use of aerial work platforms.
In order to receive your certification, the course portion of the program needs to be completed as well as a practical equipment evaluation. A charge of $75/person applies for each evaluation. Additional charges may apply if multiple devices are evaluated.
Equipment evaluations should be completed 90 days after the course has been successfully passed.
In order for OSG to complete the practical equipment evaluation, the participant must ensure that:
- They have had the minimum recommended experience on each piece of equipment they will be operating
- Annual certification and inspection has been completed on the equipment that will be used for the evaluation
- Equipment is in good working order
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify hazards specific to the operator and their environment
- Explain applicable legislation
- List devices and operating controls
- Perform pre-operational checks
- Perform safe operating procedures
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Recognize the need for fall protection
Course content is based on CSA B354.2-01, B354.4-02
Operators and supervisors.
Ont. Reg. 851 – Industrial Establishments s. 51(2) Ont. Reg. 213/91 Construction Projects 96. (1)
Continuing Education Credits
HRPA has approved this course for CPD. Please contact us at 800.815.9980 to find out more.